Total Raised - $3271

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

Sunday morning had me riding the short (only 4 hours!) road to the Windy City, where I met my long time friend Kate. We went to college together, and Kate's now a lawyer in the big city. She hiked the Appalachian Trail last summer with her brother and friend Emily, and she's now working with her friend Jay to splice together an awesome documentary about the adventure. It's amazing how many of my gripes about this trip are the same ones she had about the Trail... Kate and Jay took me out in Chicago to celebrate my birthday with some Giordano's deep dish pizza, a visit to the famous "bean" and a private screening of the movie's rough cut.

The "bean", as photographed by a professional...

Much better in real life...



I think I need a haircut.

1 comment:

M.O.C.A.

Motorcycling for Ovarian Cancer Awareness

This summer, I’m riding my Harley across the country and back in 16 days. I’ll be stopping at firehouses along the way to promote awareness about ovarian cancer, because everyone should know the symptoms. While the fire department is a field dominated by men, we have mothers, wives, daughters, girlfriends, and sisters.

I’m asking you to support my journey by donating to the HERA Women's Cancer Foundation. My goal is to raise $6000 for HERA’s mission, a dollar for every mile I ride. They have set up a webpage for me where you can make a tax-deductible donation. HERA is not supporting my journey financially. All of the proceeds that HERA receives will go directly towards their mission. Through a combination of corporate sponsorship and my own funds, I will cover the expenses associated with my journey.

To find out more about HERA and their efforts to stop the loss of women from ovarian cancer, visit their website, www.herafoundation.org

-Oleg